Politics Daily posted a very nice assessment of the campaign here. In an interview, Manchin claims he is not going to resemble anyone but himself–he is independent. But at the Herald, he claims he wants to be like former Sen. Byrd and follow in his footsteps.
In the run up to the election, I have been a little surprised how little we have heard from Raese. Manchin has been running like he really wants the job. He has been everywhere it appears.
- It’s close
- Who is furthest from Obama?
- Manchin moves further and further into the Republican camp
- McCain says, join me and the Republicans!
- and Pailn
- and Palin, and Nugent, and Raese (Hang Loose, show me the shaka edition).
- Manchin counters with Clinton
- Attacks linking Raese to the Dark side of the Force, and Dr. Evil!
- Clinton returns
- No big Democrat turnout though?
This race is going to be close I think. It is not a great time for me to be traveling to the Middle East (look for a post on that tomorrow). Tune into WLTV14 for election night coverage.